Get more views, make more income, and tell stories that matter. YouTube Storytelling is the most important skill you need to grow your channel. This course teaches you everything you need to know about how to get great retention and create incredible experiences for your viewers.
Better storytelling will grow your channel.
Hi, I’m Dabi, a doctor and YouTuber these days though, I often spend my time helping YouTubers like yourself grow their channels by making better videos.
The above image is a screenshot of one of many longform videos I’ve worked on. But there’s one crazy thing about it: this channel only had 18K subs at the time we made this video.
YouTube growth essentially relies on three things: 1. market supply/demand (niche), 2. packaging (title/thumbnail), and 3. storytelling. And storytelling is, by far, the most complex of those three things.
I’ve developed a set of storytelling principles that have helped 4-5 videos on different channels get 1M+ views. My highest collabs so far have 3M+ and 6M+ views respectively on longform content (non-Shorts). And I’ve helped countless other channels get 100K-900K views, regardless of their sub count.
And in this course, I’d like to teach you everything I know about making your videos explode, thereby increasing the speed of your channel’s growth.
This is how to increase your views significantly
Feeling stuck with your channel’s growth? Wanting to explode your views, but not sure how to get there?
The YouTube algorithm uses a metric called expected watch time per impression to determine how many views to give a YouTuber. The longer people watch your videos, the more views your video will get. And that’s basically the main reason this course should make a difference to your channel.
YouTube is a game of skill.
Getting a million views on a video is possible for anyone with the right knowledge and skill.
I’ve given advice to all sorts of YouTubers big and small. Those who are frustrated with their channels not growing. Those who are highly ambitious and want to get to millions of subs.
One key difference in those who succeed is simply that they’ve obsessed about YouTube enough to really understand it in depth. There is very little luck needed for YouTube, but you need both a lot of knowledge and a lot of time.
I want to help you save time in acquiring that knowledge, by condensing thousands of hours of storytelling information into a course that takes a few hours to learn, but many more hours to master. There is no shortcut for hard work, but this is a shortcut to learning the knowledge required for taking your YouTube channel to the next level.
What You’ll Learn In YouTube Storytelling Beyond Retention
- How to make videos that get promoted by the YouTube algorithm
- How to craft hooks that grab people’s attention immediately
- How to structure videos for retention
- How to make videos that engage people on differential emotional levels
- How to interpret retention graphs properly so you can analyse your videos better
- How to avoid common retention dips
- Detailed YouTube case studies with analyses you can’t find anywhere else
- Thumbnail design principles for improved CTR
- …and much, much more.
Who’s this course for?
YouTubers who want to substantially grow their channel, by improving the performance of individual videos with tested and proven storytelling techniques.
This course is extremely helpful to YouTubers of all sizes:
- 0 – 1000 subs: Some lessons teach the basics of YouTube storytelling. Can really help you reach your first 1000 subscribers.
- 1K – 100K subs: Take your videos above 100K-1M views. Learn the fundamentals of how to make banger videos that go viral.
- 100K – 1M subs: Advanced, concise, and specific techniques that significantly improve retention. Skip ahead to ‘Advanced Storytelling’. The course should pay for itself over about 2-4 videos.
- 1M+ subs:
- Case studies and techniques that go way beyond the depth of publicly available information, to help you go beyond retention and into creating evergreen content that people will remember for years to come.
- I’ve worked with multiple 1M+ sub YouTubers before and even then, techniques from here still end up helping them get 1/10 in their YouTube studio.
- You can also use this to quickly get your editing teams up to speed, because – as you’re well aware – YouTube is so specific as a skill that staff need YouTube-specific education.