A 5-Part Explainer Style Videos.
What You’ll Learn
- Learn about the history of sustainable finance.
- What is the difference between traditional finance and sustainable finance?
- Understand how the present-day banks have evolved to incorporate sustainable finance.
- Learn about the different levels of sustainable investments.
- Explore global trends and the raw potential of sustainable finance.
- Explore the various sustainable initiatives taken by the financial sector.
- Learn about frameworks that are important for the implementation of Sustainable Finance.
- Learn about the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria and the Equators Principles.
- What is Green and Social finance?
- Explore the various instruments in Green and Social finance.
- How to overcome the challenges in Green and Social finance.
Sustainable finance is now a hot topic for investors, banks and businesses around the world. It is becoming increasingly sophisticated and popular with new frameworks, initiatives and financial products.
Even though Sustainable Finance has a lot of potential, it still has a long way to go before it can help us achieve the SDGs. The UN estimates the gap in financing to achieve the SDGs is at 2.5 trillion dollars per year! Sustainable Finance will no doubt help bridge this gap. But, first of all, what does sustainable finance even mean?
A lot of people are not fully aware of what sustainable finance is. It comes down to sustainable finance being a relatively new concept and educational content around it not being readily available. If more people are aware of what sustainable finance is, it allows it to become mainstream and thus more widely accepted as the default way of financing.
We put together a short 5-part explainer style animated course on sustainable finance to explore just that! We will introduce you to the definition and the range of sustainable finance and walk you through its various Environmental Social Governance (ESG) frameworks and concepts.
These are the themes we will explore
- What does Sustainable Finance Mean?
- History of Finance
- What is ESG Investing?
- Green Finance
- Social Finance
Who this course is for
- People interested in finance
- People interested in sustainable investment
- People interested in sustainability
- People interested in development
- People interested in social studies
- People interested in business management
- People interested in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- People interested in green and social bonds
- People interested in climate science and conservation