Here’s What’s Included:
- how to “spin up” new WordPress sites in under one minute
exactly how I build websites for my clients.
how to create websites, portfolios, and blogs with WordPress
- how to download, install and configure WordPress plugins
- to use Photoshop and more to create beautiful website graphics
- You should have a basic understanding of computers and software
- A modern browser like Chrome, Safari, or Firefox
- Internet access
- You do not need any coding experience or programming knowledge
- You can follow along with free themes, but I also show you how to use several premium themes – the typical cost is $60 per theme, if you choose to go that route
- We will work locally (no cost), but if you want to launch your site you will need to purchase a domain name and hosting
A Beginner’s Guide to WordPress!
The main goal of this course is to teach anyone, even a complete beginner, how to setup a complete WordPress website quickly and easily.
While other courses teach you all of the in-depth, complicated things about building websites in WordPress, this course focuses on only those things needed to get your website up and running as efficiently as possible.
You do not need to wade through hours and hours of lectures to create a stunning website. WordPress is wonderful because once you have your site up, you can refine it over time as you are able.
If you’re like most designers or freelancers or entrepreneurs, chances are good you don’t want to spend weeks perfecting your website – you want something up ASAP!
To help you reach that goal as quickly as possible, I move quickly through the content to help get you up and running fast – so come ready to rapidly dive into the meat of this course!
With an emphasis on design elements, I will walk you through everything you need to start building a WordPress website, including how to:
- “Spin up” new WordPress sites in under one minute
- Install WordPress on your local computer (Windows or Mac) so you can learn without paying for a domain and web hosting.
- Download, install and configure WordPress plugins
- Optimize your website for search engines
- Backup, export and move your website to a different domain and/or hosting
- Create pages and posts, and how to understand the difference between the two
- Create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find useful
- Protect your WordPress website from hackers and spammers
- Back up your WordPress website in case of emergency.
- Set up server and hosting environments in the most economical and secure way
- Build and edit websites within staging and development environments
- Migrate and transfer WordPress websites from staging to live and vice-versa
- Use some of the most popular and versatile WordPress Themes available
- Discover multiple ways to work with various themes and frameworks
And if there is anything you don’t learn from the course and want to learn, you can always ask me for help, or reach out to your peers in our private Facebook community!
***As with all my courses, software and online tools are always changing and evolving, so if you think of something that could be added to the course to add value, let me know!
The end goal is for you to learn how to build a functional, beautiful, responsive website with WordPress. It’s that simple. By combining both backend setup lectures with design-specific lectures, you will get a broad, well-rounded look at how to create a website you can be proud of, without taking months to complete it.
The processes shown in this course are the exact same ones I have used in my design agency for years. This is exactly how I build websites for my clients.
What makes this course different from other courses is that I am approaching it from two perspectives:
- my real-world understanding of how to build websites for actual clients
- my understanding of graphic design and how that directly relates to website design best practices
I have over a decade of experience owning my own graphic design and website development agency, and I am so excited for the chance to pass the knowledge and tricks I have learned on to you!
With WordPress, you have options!
I will walk you through both free and paid themes, so that you can dive in at whatever investment level woks for you.
Most themes use a similar backend layout, so once you learn the basics in this course, you can apply that knowledge to other themes down the road. This gives you the ultimate creative freedom and ownership over how your website looks and functions – both now and on into the future.
Who is this WordPress course for?
This course is great for designers that want to learn how to build beautiful websites without the hassle of having to learn how to code. It is also great for entrepreneurs and freelancers that need a professional online presence but that also do not want to pay a lot of money to have someone else create it for them. It is also a great course for anyone that is curious about websites and graphic design, as the course serves as a great launch pad for wherever your creativity and passions can take you!
By the end of this course, you will have a beautifully designed website that you are proud of, and – if your goal is to start creating websites for others as a side gig or as a business – you will have learned some of the tricks and tools that I used to successfully build websites that clients pay very well for.
Who this course is for:
- Graphic designers looking to add web design and development to their skill set
- Entrepreneurs and freelancers looking to create their own online presence
- Anyone that wants to use WordPress and Photoshop (among other things) to create a beautiful, functional website quickly and efficiently
- Beginners of all ages and industry interests
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to MMOCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your MMOCourse.org account then going to Downloads Page.