Here’s What’s Included:
- Be able to create PRO looking script with parameters
Use functions in script
Read files line by line using while loop
- Use math in scripts
- Be able to decide if value of specific variable is a regular file or a directory
- Store commands output into an array
- Be able to do decision making based on match with regular expressions
- Use SED and AWK to take your scripts into next level
- Basic knowleadge about linux commands is good to have – but not required
- Text editor of your choice (if you just don’t want to watch lectures)
- Be able to open a terminal (or git bash if you dont have virtual machine and want to work in Windows environment)
Welcome to linux bash shell scripting course. I’am Richard and I will be your instructor. I have great knowleadge about shell scripting as throughout my carrer I had been working for Fortune 50 company, where I apart from taking care of 200+ Solaris servers wrote many scripts for keeping live easy
What is covered?
- Basics of scripting – no worry you don’t know anything about scripting by now
- Sha-bang explanation – what it is and why the heck it is called sha-bang
- Decision making
- Regular expressions
- For & While loops
- Reading arguments using CASE structure
- …and many more
And what about AWK? Yes, it is covered here! And what about SED? Also covered!
Why I have created this course?
Many years back, when I was starting as UNIX administrator, I had many ideas how to improve specific things using scripts. But, I couldn’t find any good resource, which would take me through all needed topic in one place.
Somewhere I got great explanation about sha-bang while regular expressions for shell scripting were only mentioned. Somewhere was good explanation about decision making in if statement, but SED and AWK part was missing, and that use of SED and AWK was in my carrer really important.
Basically I cannot imagine any single production script, where I wouldn’t used SED or AWK, because without them you are not able to create that “magic” in your script.
Many years later, I am here to share in one place what is really needed in order to create magic script. Not only how to create script, do some decision making in if statements, write functions, use arrays, but mainly how to combine everything including AWK and SED.
I was creating this course in a way, which would help me a lot to create great scripts during start of my career. All needed things in one place.
Please, watch my preview lectures to see what we are going to build in this course.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who wants to dive into shell scripting
- Experienced users who would like to take their knowleadge to next level wit AWK and SED
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to MMOCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your MMOCourse.org account then going to Downloads Page.